Culture of Punjab
Punjabi Folk Culture
Traditional Giddha dance dresses or costumes
Punjabi Folk Culture
: 7 (
Traditional Giddha dance dresses or costumes include dupatta or scarf, salvaar-kamzeez, tikka, jhumka, paranda, raani-haar, baazu-Band, pazaibs and so on. Keep reading to learn more about traditional Giddha dance dresses.
Giddha is one of the most popular Punjabi folk dances, though confined to women only. In Punjab, the traditional gidda dress is quite elegant. During giddha dance women wear choli with ghagra or lehnga, which is loose shirt upto ankle-length or wear ordinary Punjabi Salwar-Kamiz, rich in colour, cloth and design. The ornaments that they wear are suggi-phul which is worn on head to pazaibs, haar-hamela, gem-studded golden necklace, baazu-band and raani-haar which is a long necklace made of solid gold. Females also wear Giddha Jhumkies. The giddha dress adds charm to females grace in their dress.Giddha dress outfits are neccesary for giddha dance.
Parts Of Traditional Giddha Dress
• Dupatta / chunni /scarf: This is heavily embroidered in a gidda costume. Chunni is overtaken over head.scarf is used to cover head.
• Kameez :- It is type of shirt.
• Salwaar :- salwar are thebaggy pants
• Tikka :- Tikka is jewellery on the forehead.
• Jhumka :- Jhumka are the long dangling earrings.
• Paranda :Paranda is the braid tassle.
• Suggi-Phul :- It is worn on head.
• Raani-Haar :It is a long necklace made of solid gold.
• Haar-Hamela: It is a gem-studded golden necklace.
• Baazu-Band :It is worn around upper-arm of the body.
• Pazaibs :these are the anklets.
History of Punjab Folk Dances Songs Music
Read related articles:
Punjabi Folk Dances
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Traditional Giddha dance dresses or costumes"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd.,Kochi, India
All Rights Resrved.