Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC)
The Punjab Public Service Commission, also known by the abbreviation PPSC, has a long tradition. The history of Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) is very interesting. Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) was founded on May 1, 1937 in the then Punjab Province of colonial India. After the Independence and the partition the Punjab Public Service Commission was moved to Shimla (February 1948). Later as the Punjab state was merged with PEPSU, Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) was brought back to Patiala on November 1, 1956. The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) is the only authority for administrative services exams in Punjab.
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Functions
Punjab Public Service Commission functions are like the following in accord to the Article 320 of the Indian constitution.
Recruitment relating to the posts of:
1. PCS (EB) & Allied Services, PCS (J), DSP's, DS (Jail), Distt. Probation Officers, BDPO's, Treasury Officers, Forest Officers Examination
2. All class I and class II posts i.e. Doctors, Engineers, College Lecturers and Principals etc.
Advises State Government in matters relating to:
1. departmental promotions in class-I and class-II,
2. departmental service rules made under Article 309 of the Constitution of India and
3. Punitive actions proposed by the government against all Class I and Class II officers of the State who have been either selected through Commission or appointed by the Govt.
4. promotions of JE's as SDO's & conducting the meetings of the Screening Committee.
Punjab Public Service Commission PPSC Examinations
Punjab Public Service Commission examinations or PPSC examinations are the following:
1. Provincial Civil Services (EB) & Allied Services,
2. Provincial Civil Services (Judiciary),
3. Deputy Superintendent of Police
4. Deputy Superintendents (Jail),
5. Distt. Probation Officers,
6. Block Development Probationary Officers
7. Treasury Officers,
8. Forest Officers Examination
PPSC Examinations Criteria
The PPSC Examinations Criteria including the PPSC exams age bar are given below:
Candidates appearing at the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) should be between 21 years and 35 years of age.
The maximum age limits for Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates of all states, as well as Other Backward Classes (OBC) of Punjab are 40 years.
Age limit for physically challenged candidates is 45 years.
PPSC Examination Optional Subjects
Optional subjects offered in the Punjab Public Service Commission Examination are many in number. The PPSC Examination Optional Subjects are as given below:
5. Defence & Strategic Studies
12. Political Science
19. English Literature
21. Urdu Language & Literature
22. Hindi Literature
23. Punjabi Literature
24. Public Administration
New Optional Subjects -
25. Computer Science
26. Electronics Engineering
27. Electrical Engineering
28. Civil Engineering
29. Mechnical Engineering
30. Medical Science
31. Veterinary Sciences& Animal Husbandry
32. Management (only for mains)
Punjab Public Service Commission PPSC Contact Details
Punjab Public Service Commission Contact Details or PPSC Contact details, including PPSC Address and PPSC Email Address or Punjab Public Service Commission Email Address is given below:
Punjab Public Service Commission Patiala
Baradari Garden, P.B. No. 39, Patiala,
Punjab, India, Pin Code – 147001
Telegram Address - Punsercom
Phone - 0175 - 5014847(O), 0175 - 5014849(O)
Fax - 0175 - 5014831
E-mail - email@example.com
No responses found. Be the first to respond...