The status of this resource is Pending and require some modification by the author.
Punjabi Chole (Channa Masala) Recipe From Punjab Cuisine
Chickpeas or Kabuli channa also known as Garbanzo beans is rich in protein, Iron and fibre content and it helps to reduce cholesterol level. If you have iron deficiency then go for natural way to reduce it by including a little amount of chickpeas everyday in your meals to make your diet healthy. You are welcome to check out our Punjabi Recipes where you will find a number of healthy chickpea recipes. Here is the Pujabi Chole (Chana Masala) Recipe which goes well with bhaturas, kulchas, rotis etc.
Ingredients Required for Punjabi Chole
How to Prepare Punjabi Chole Recipe (Channa Masala)
1. Soak chick peas (Kabuli chana) overnight in warm water.
2. Pressure cook the dal up to 5 to 6 whistles so that it becomes soft.
3. Dip tomatoes in hot water for a while.
4. Meanwhile grind together onions, ginger, garlic, cardamom, cloves to a fine paste.
5. Now remove tomatoes from hot water and peel the skin off the tomatoes and puree them in a blender to a fine paste.
6. Heat the pan and put Ghee and add cummin seed. When it begins to splutter add the grounded onion paste mixture to it.
7. Fry till the oil leaves from the side.
8. Now add the tomato puree to it and add tamarind juice, salt, coriander powder, chilli powder a small piece of jaggery and fry for some time.
9. Now add boiled chole/chana and add little bit of water and stir it to get mixed up well.
10. When the gravy thickens remove from fire and garnish with coriander leaves and rings of sliced onions and slice of lemon.
11. Now your favourite Punjabi Recipe Chole Channa Masala is ready to relish.